Thursday, April 16, 2009

Curry lime fish

This one I totally made up so I don't really have measurements but it was really good! We had pollock, but it would work with any fish.

Fish fillets 
Curry powder
Lime juice
Jarred minced roasted garlic
Red pepper flakes (I thought this made it wayyy too spicy but Eric loved it)
Dried parsley
Paprika (I don't know if this did anything, I was just feeling creative) 
Pepper 

Mix equal parts curry powder and lime juice, and just a scoop of everything else. Mix well and spread over fish. Broil fish until done. With the pollock I think the package said 10 minutes.

While the fish cooked, I cooked onions, zucchini and yellow summer squash until tender, then poured in a can of diced tomatoes , a few shakes of dried pepper, and lots of ground pepper. An adaption from a dish we've had at Eric's parents' :)

I also served it with Near East Whole Grain Blends Roasted Pecan and Garlic flavor, which had chunks of pecans in it! I also put a little bit of curry powder in it to accent the fish.

No comments: