Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fish, tomato, olive, caper sauce

I realize when I posted the recipe below that I made that fish sauce a couple of months ago and never took a picture or posted it at all. It was so yummy, I have to share it!

3 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
2 cans diced tomatoes
2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 cup water
3/4 lb fish fillets, I think we used mahi mahi
16 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
1 tbsp capers, rinsed (I used extra because I love capers!)
Some minced fresh parsley if you have it, or 2 tsp dried 

Saute garlic and red pepper flakes for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, oregano, and water. Simmer, stirring, for 15 minutes. Add fish, cover, and simmer for 10 more minutes, or until fish is done. I always worry about undercooking meat, so I simmered it longer. Mash the fish up so it has no large pieces. Add remaining ingredients. 

Serve with pasta, or on anything you would put spaghetti sauce. It was so yummy! I apparently didn't take a picture of any of the things we used it for the first time around, but I froze half of it and put some on the spinach cheese ravioli, pictured below.


No comments: