Thursday, September 18, 2008

West African Peanut Chicken

I found THE yummiest recipe the other day, and we just happened to have all of the ingredients in the house, so I made it for dinner today. I found the original recipe on another blog, which is really interesting (the woman totally has my dream life!) and she occasionally posts the recipes she makes for her 10 children. I tweaked it a little, and it was soooo good! Eric said he could eat it every day. It was really easy, as long as you have everything chopped and ready ahead of time.

West African Peanut Chicken

4 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
1 large onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans diced tomatoes, with juice
1/2 cup peanut butter
pepper to taste

Brown rice
Veggie-I added frozen peas, because we had them

Brown chicken in oil. Remove the chicken and set aside. Put in the onions and garlic, stirring until soft. Add tomatoes. Simmer for a few minutes, then put the chicken back in and stir in the peanut butter. It melts fairly quickly, just keep stirring. Add pepper to taste, and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Add frozen peas and stir for another minute.

Serve over brown rice.

Next time we're going to try it with crunchy peanut butter, I think that little crunch would be really good too!


1 comment:

Owlhaven said...

So glad you liked it. It is one of my favorites too.

Mary