Saturday, March 21, 2009

The best chocolate chip cookies

These are the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever made! It makes a smaller batch than on the Nestle bag but it is easily doubled (or tripled!) My dad was borrowing my camera for the week, and by the time I got it back, all the cookies were gone, so I'll just have to make them again to get a good picture!

1 1/2 plus 2 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup vegetable shortening
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Beat sugars, butter, and shortening until creamy. Slowly mix in egg and vanilla, without stirring too much. 

Mix flour, baking soda, and salt, and stir into the bowl until mixed. Add chocolate chips.

Put walnut-sized balls of dough onto a greased sheet (the recipe said ungreased but I never trust it) and bake for 12 minutes.

This made about 24 cookies, but Eric did eat a lot of the dough while I was making them so it might make up to 30.

No comments: